Tuesday, November 1, 2011

blown head gasket, part 1, dismantling

Hi, I'm back with my bad english and bad pics of Dojci's bad car.
As you may know Starlet has a blown head gasket. For a few months she was just sitting in my garage waiting for a repair. As a winter is comming, my mother wanted to park her car in garage, so I started sourcing gaskets and stuff. Finaly I bought gaskets and found repair manual, so dismantling began.
And one nice weekend:
Guess what we have found under valve cover:
First real problem arose as we couldnt unmount exhaust headers:
Problem solved. Next one is still to clean old head gasket.
My work bench with Starlet bits:
That's all for part one called dismantling.

BTW going back through your own blog is kind of funny, bringing back memories and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment