Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Starlet news, part 3

After maybe a week of driving I had a call from Dojci telling me that fuell cell is leaking. I didn't notice one micro hole when I was rebuilding the fuel cell. After a week fuel etched its way thru bitumen coating and started leaking.
We cleaned that part of fuel cell, glued the hole with epoxi, painted again with bitumen. Problem solved.

Few days after that I had another call from Dojci telling me that he dropped the exhaust. You had to hear that sound. It broke right after headers. Again easy solution:

I'll lie, if i'll tell you that Starlet is finished. But now she's in state when Dojci can drive her every day without fear of underbody rotting away.
Now he can earn money for new pain, engine swap and other things, while he can still drive.
That's all for today, I hope you have what to read, and tomorow I'm back with other updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment